We learned about honesty and integrity – that the truth matters… that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules… and success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square.
The world defines integrity as the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles. I define integrity as the essence of your character when nobody else is watching. A person with integrity lives a life of transparency regardless of what audience is watching. There are no secrets, ulterior motives, or hidden agendas that serve to cloud another’s’ judgement of who you are. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that jeopardized your integrity? How did that effect your perception on yourself and the people around you?
People with integrity are defined by…..
• being accountable and take genuine responsibility for ones actions
• standing on principle even in tough circumstances
• discuss problems and solutions as objectively as possible and in a way that accounts for all information
• owning up to mistakes and make sincere amends with those affected without making excuses
• following through on one’s promises and commitments.
To be a person that lives with integrity, consider the opinion that matters most, how you view yourself. Look to people who live a life of transparency and ask yourself what makes them different from you. Emulate those characteristics that you admire and want to see in yourself. When you connect with who you are the light you find shines attracts others to the best version of yourself.